2 Dangerous Things A Year
I have a brand-new presentation for conferences, associations and businesses and it’s all laid out at 2dangerousthingsayear.com. I talk about you deliberately doing things that scare you to exercise your resilience muscles and to stretch and develop yourself – to get better at getting better. I launched it last week in front of 300+ educators and the feedback was great: distinctive, memorable, entertaining, motivational, inspiring, challenging, practical, funny, entertaining, interactive…
I talk about you deliberately doing things that scare you to exercise your resilience muscles and to stretch and develop yourself – to get better at getting better. For you, your colleagues, your friends and family, it leads to a happier more productive life and less regrets looking back. I’m no one special. I’m just like you. I’m no adventurer like Indiana Jones. I’m no daredevil like Evil Knievel. I’m certainly no life-risking, challenge-smasher like Felix Baumgartner who based jumped from a balloon in space. But, I have since 2001 done 2 dangerous things a year. Dangerous by my own definition – things that scared, stretched and challenged me and yes even a few things that were literally dangerous by anyone’s definition. I focus on my ‘dangerous’ journey into becoming a stand-up comedian. I’m not talking about the glib cliché of ‘do something every day that scares you’. I’m talking about 2 things a year that have big pay-offs but could also go wrong.
I’ve experienced the benefits. I’ve done the study. I share these with my audience. More specifically, I encourage you, provoke you, and tool you up to do your own ‘dangerous’ things – to test yourself regularly so you’re ready when life tests you later.
Firstly, most people do not challenge themselves deliberately, proactively and frequently. I tell you why not. Secondly, those that do challenge themselves deliberately, proactively and frequently reap the benefits of significant personal growth across their life and I tell you what those benefits can be. Thirdly, I provide you an 8-part framework to get past those obstacles, get you started, keep you going, AND pass these ideas and encouragement onto others you care about.
Who Would Benefit:
- Professionals and workplace leaders attempting to prepare or improve their and their team’s resilience for inevitable stresses and changes.
- Sales managers wanting to move their people away from inertia.
- Educators and community leaders wanting to safely provoke positive change.
- Managers, Team Leaders and business leaders trying to snap their teams out of complacency and encourage their people to develop themselves personally and professionally.
- Professional associations wanting to experience a session with practical, relevant and appropriate content that is interactive, memorable and engaging.
Learn more at www.2dangerousthingsayear.com